Science on Screen
Science on Screen Programme
CÚRAM and Galway Film Centre together run a partnership project called ‘Science on Screen’ which aims to facilitate, promote and increase the inclusion of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) content in Irish film and TV production. In 2017 the partnership will continue with CÚRAM funding one documentary and providing access to leading scientists and laboratories within CÚRAM, to explore methods of scientific ‘story telling’ and to produce a short film that incorporate aspects of current research being carried out by CÚRAM and its academic partners.
HOW TO APPLY:
The Science on Screen project will 100% fund one 26 minute science film with a budget of up to €35,000.00. This TV half hour programme/short film will be based around an area of research currently underway in CÚRAM.
Deadline for Submission is midnight, Wednesday April 19th
Email a Dropbox folder, with the following info:
A detailed treatment of max. 2,000 words to include a narrative and visual outline of the film.
- A detailed production budget and budget summary. (Include costing for music and other media clearances). The budget should be completed on the form which can be downloaded from the following link: Science_On_Screen_Budget – 2017
- CVs of Creative Team
- Excerpts of Director work and any other artistic references which supports the submission (as online links and / or attachments to the email).
- Written confirmation in the form of clearances and permissions of key subject’s willingness to participate, where applicable
- Any other relevant supporting materials that inform the creative approach to the proposal
- Submit application to: email@example.com
For further information on the application process, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information on the science, email: email@example.com
Interviews will take place on Wednesday May 3rd (TBC).
Further information is available at: www.galwayfilmcentre.ie
The two documentaries produced through CÚRAM’s Science on Screen initiative in 2016 in collaboration with Galway Film Centre continue to be in demand with both films selected for screening at the Galway International Film Fleadh this July. Trailers for “Feats of Modest Valour” and “Mending Legends” which incorporate the research and researchers involved in two major EU research projects being coordinated by CÚRAM can be viewed at the following links:
Feats of Modest Valour
Investigates three individuals’ challenging physical reality of living with Parkinson’s Disease.